The Bluemac x7 captures more reads and matches for rich Travel Time and Origin-Destination data using the latest technology with cutting edge computing. It employs state-of-the art privacy protection to customer-owned, white box open data, and implements strong security protecting device and data access to only authorized parties and systems. The seventh generation x7 is flexible offering multiple configuration and customization options to meet varied customer needs and harsh deployment environments yet delivers the best total cost of ownership.
- Three base configurations – solar powered self-contained, external installation, or mounted in-cabinet
- Ethernet is standard, with Wi-Fi an available backhaul option along with 4G LTE NB-IoT or Cat-M1 cellular
- Mains (both AC and DC), battery, or PoE for power sources
- Mix and match the different device configurations across one deployment
- Cloud hosted with option for on-premise server extension
- Choose which combination of logging is right for the situation, any combination of BLE, Bluetooth Classic, and Wi-Fi
You Own Your Data
By default, you own the data at all levels produced by the Bluemac system, with privacy protection strongly applied on the raw and matched data. For customers in situations where they cannot own the data or can only use processed output, we work out the needed terms directly with each customer.
The x7 is loaded with the latest in IoT technology, ensuring a long viable lifespan as part of any ITS infrastructure:
- 1 GHz ARM processor with 2000 MIPS of processing power
- 512MB of DDR3L 800 MHz RAM
- Highest spec Bluetooth Classic 4.2 transceiver
- Highest spec Bluetooth Low Energy 5 transceiver
- Best in class Wi-Fi supporting 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n
- Available quad band 4G LTE NB-IoT / Cat-M1 Modem
- Built-in Ethernet
More Matches, More Reads
With a “triple play” across Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Bluetooth Classic, and Wi-Fi, the x7 delivers the matches needed to produce sufficient measures even in low volume traffic, to quantify multimodal journeys, and the device reads needed for effective dwell calculations.
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
While Bluetooth Classic remains the gold standard for quantifying vehicle Travel Time, Speed, and Origin-Destination by logging in-car entertainment systems, adding BLE delivers greater than 4 times more matches to supplement Bluetooth Classic captures. Privacy infringing techniques, such as logging non-discoverable devices, are not needed. BLE reads the new class of smart devices as well as previously undiscoverable smartphones for additional vehicle captures while still respecting the privacy settings of citizens.
Designed with Multimodal Travel in mind
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) also provides a superior means to quantify pedestrian, bicyclist, and transit / multimodal travel, with a demonstrated capability to log more than 40% of bicyclists and pedestrians based on a study done by Bluemac. If additional reads are needed, Wi-Fi logging is also supported. Customers can take advantage of the additional device captures delivered by Wi-Fi, especially helpful for dwell time metrics, yet still apply Bluetooth technology for superior Origin-Destination calculations – you get the best of both in one. The system is designed to allow a mix-and-match of logging means. Customers can choose to log only BLE, Bluetooth Classic, or Wi-Fi, as well as any combination of the three.