The SS180® M is a truck mounted attenuator for use on stationary or moving shadow or support vehicles. It is tested to MASH Test Level 3. The unit is comprised of two lightweight aluminum cartridges contained in a potentially reusable steel support frame, and a 180° tilt feature which folds at the center to stack the two cartridge sections on top of each other. The SS180® M is designed to help absorb rear-end impacts at speeds up to 62 mph (100 km/h) when impacted within MASH crash test standards.
- Short height while in storage mode ideal for garage storage and low overpasses.
- Replaceable, energy absorbing cartridges.
- Potentially reusable steel support frame.
- Designed to help minimize damage from low-speed nuisance hits up to 6 mph (10 km/h).
- 2,033 lbs. Weight
- 7’ 9″ Length Folded
- 14’ 7″ Length Deployed
- 6’ 10″ Width
- 78-3/4” Height Folded
- 37-3/4” Height Deployed
- 13,500 lbs. Minimum Support Vehicle Weight
Assembly and Maintenance
- Multiple attachment options for standard trucks.
- Attaches to existing Safe-Stop TMA® mounts for standard and tailgate operations.