The Vulcan® Gate is designed to facilitate access through runs of permanent and temporary longitudinal barrier. Applications include creating openings in medians for cross-over emergency vehicles, work zone access openings in PCMB and even creating openings in long runs of Vulcan® Steel Barriers. This system consists of two transitions and at least one barrier equipped with wheels and jacks. The system is NCHRP TL-3 and TL-4 approved. The Vulcan® Gate gate is connected via a steel pin and can be moved completely by hand, no special equipment is needed.
- NCHRP Reprt 350 Test Level 3 and Test Level 4 approved.
- Creates an opening in any median or roadside longitudinal barrier.
- No tools or special equipment required to operate the system.
- Easily connected or disconnected via a single steel pin.
- Equipped with wheels and jacks for easy transport.