CASS Cable (NCHRP 350)
Cable Safety System (CASS) is a high-tension cable barrier that is designed to assist in preventing potential head-on collisions by capturing and redirecting errant vehicles that would otherwise traverse the median of a roadway. CASS is configured for use on medians, shoulders and slopes. CASS can also be custom-tailored by end users for appropriate deflections via variable post spacing. The CASS cable guardrail system is NCHRP 350 TL-3 & TL-4 compliant and is available as three or four strand systems.
- Three-cable (pre-stretched or standard) high-tension system.
- No sharp edges or hooks in 6:1 slope systems.
- Wave-shaped slot in post results in lower deflections.
- Option of NCHRP Report 350 Cable Terminal or non-350 Cable Anchor.
- Aesthetically pleasing design with no interwoven cables.
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 and Test Level 4 compliant.