The SMT™ is a trailer mounted attenuator for use on stationary or moving shadow support vehicles. It is tested to the Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware (MASH) Test Level 3. The system is comprised of two lightweight aluminum cartridges contained in a steel support frame and heavy duty Torflex® axle and wheels. The SMT™ is designed to help absorb rear-end impacts at speeds up to 62 mph (100 km/h) when impacted within MASH crash test standards.
- Trailer system for more efficient deployment and truck fleet utilization.
- Heavy duty Torflex® axle and wheels.
- Arrow board mounting systems available.
- All LED lighting.
- Potentially reusable steel frame after an impact within MASH crash test standards.
- 20’ 2” (6.15 m) Length Back to Center of Pintle
- 88″ (2.25 m) Width at Fenders
- 40″ (1 m) Height
- 2,370 lbs. (1,080 kg)
- 12,000 lbs. (5,454 kg) Minimum Support Vehicle Weight
Assembly and Maintenance
- Attaches to a standard minimum 20 ton pintle hook.
- Damaged aluminum cartridges are replaceable.