Coral Sales Company is proud to offer many of the nation's leading pedestrian crossing systems. Our Pedestrian crossing safety systems include crossing lights and signals by JSF Technologies, MS Sedco and Flir.
LaneLight Hawk Pedestrian Hybrid (PHB) Crosswalk
HAWK Crosswalks (also known as Pedestrian Hybrid Crosswalks or PHB crosswalks) are being used more and more for mid-block applications. Our LaneLight HAWK Crosswalk System is the affordable standalone crossing option when extra pedestrian safety is needed. The HAWK PHB system is fully self-contained and can be configured to run on A/C or Solar power. Best of all, you get full HAWK system control at a fraction of the cost of a traditional 4-way intersection controller.
Looking for additional visibility at your crossing? Add ITEM's LaneLight In-Pavement LED lighting. See more...
- Ideal for mid-block crossing applications
- Specially engineered for low power consumption
- AC or Solar power available
- Fully self-contained system
- More affordable than traditional PHB systems
The HAWK Flash Pattern
The special flash pattern is what makes the HAWK a very popular and safe option for Cities and Counties. When a pedestrian activates the push button at the side of the roadway this is the flash cycle the approaching vehicles will see.
At the same time, this is what the pedestrian sees.
Get Extra Visibility with LaneLight
Crossings that need heightened visibility for distracted drivers can add our LaneLight In-Pavement LED crosswalk lighting. LaneLight is the perfect addition to the HAWK crosswalk system. The flush mounted LEDs are synced in perfect time with the main flashing beacons. The In-Pavement LEDs flash yellow to warn approaching drivers to use caution and then will automatically switch to red, indicating motorists to stop.
OK to proceed
WTI J-5 Pedestrian Sensor
The J-5 Pedestrian Camera Sensor provides a unique solution to the often competing demands of safeguarding pedestrians on the one hand and improving traffic flow, increasing fuel efficiency and reducing pollution on the other. The J-5 is the all-in -one above ground camera detection system.
- High accuracy detection of waiting pedestrians
- Eliminates false alarms to increase traffic flow
Low power 24 VAC or VDC
- Replaces or works in parallel with standard push buttons.
- Superior low-light Performance
- CE and RoHS compliant
Pedestrian Waiting Area Sensor
The J-5 is ideal for mid-block crossings where pedestrians may not actively push the push button. Using Stereovision 3D Technology, the J-5 sensor tracks objects coming into your predefined area and will determine if that object is moving to the defined crossing area. If a pedestrian moves toward the crossing it will activate the beacons automatically. The J-5 system will not activate if a pedestrian is just passing though the zone or decides not to cross. 3D stereovision cameras will only detect objects that are under 28 inches tall, so small animals or debris will not set off the system.
Pedestrian Crossing Sensor
Get a higher accuracy of detection when the J-5 is used as a pedestrian crossing sensor on most roadways. The J-5’s 3D Stereovision cameras can see over 75 feet! Use the J-5 alone or in conjunction with your existing push buttons to extend the crossing times for slower pedestrians. The J-5 sensor can help to balance the need for efficient traffic flow and increased pedestrian safety. Setup is easy and all the software to configure the system is included.
JSF Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB)
FHWA Reapproves use of the RRFB
On March 20, 2018, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Reapproved Use of Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB). This is great news for the entire ITS industry. See the full approval letter HERE.
How do I request MUTCD approval for installation?
You will need to draft an RRFB approval (IA-21) letter and request installation from the MUTCD. To help streamline the process for you please follow these five easy steps.
1) View and download a copy of the request letter HERE.
2) Copy the text from the example from letter and paste it onto your agencies letterhead.
3) Replace sections in RED with details pertaining to your agency.
4) Email the completed request letter to MUTCDofficialrequest@dot.gov
5) Fill out our Contact Us form to get more information on RRFBs and full crosswalk solutions.
The JSF Advantage
The JSF RRFB (Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon) is the perfect solution to increase safety at mid-block or uncontrolled crosswalks. This cabinet-free RRFB system boasts a discrete design to enhance streetscapes and inhibit vandalism. Temporary or permanent pedestrian activated or remote-activated crossings. The Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons conform to the FHWA Interim Approval Memorandum (1A-11) utilizing SAEJ595 Class 1 Certified LED lights and MUTCD Flash Patterns.
- Choose from 2" x 5" or 3" x 7" LED module configurations.
- Single or dual sided light bars available with side mounted tell-tale LED verification.
- Wireless IMS communication up to 110 yards (100m).
- FHWA and MUTCD compliant.
- Self-contained, discrete design to enhance streetscapes and inhibit vandalism.
JSF Pedestrian Activated Flashing Beacons
Why JSF Technology Activated Beacons?
JSF’s solar-powered single or dual-head beacons is a proven solution for mid block crossings. This system is designed for ease of installation in multiple mounting configurations. They are available in 8’’ or 12’’ models. Purposely designed for extreme climate, JSF’s systems are rugged and reliable. JSF’s unique design minimizes the likelihood for theft by discretely and securely housing the solar panels, controller and batteries. AC-powered mid block crosswalk systems are also available.
- Choose from 8" or 12" beacon.
- Single, Dual and Three head models available.
- Multiple pushbutton options available.
- Installs in minutes to minimize traffic disruption.
- Self-contained, discrete design to enhance streetscapes and inhibit vandalism.
- Crosswalks - Great for any mid-block or uncontrolled crosswalk
- Fire Stations - Give your emergency vehicles a chance to enter the roadway by alerting drivers
- Parking Lots - From shopping malls to private industrial sites, they’re all a hazard for pedestrians
- Construction Sites - Aid pedestrians in crossing away from construction sites and closed sidewalks
- College Campuses - Busy and packed with pedestrians
Advanced Accessible Pedestrian Stations
The Advanced Accessible Pedestrian System (AAPS) is the latest development in pedestrian smart signal technology that provides pedestrians with customized audible and haptic feedback. Each button has a locator tone to assist pedestrians in finding the button. When the pedestrian registers a call, audio and vibrotactile guidance is initiated and updated concurrently with the status of the walk signal visual display. The AAPS is the first of its kind to use web-based management, which enables traffic agency technicians to update and monitor the system remotely over network communication lines via traditional workstations, laptops or any device that is web browser compatible.
- Ethernet Access
- Remote Communication
- Time of Day functionality
- Night Mode Volume
- Pedestrian Count/Call Data
Transpo Industries Color-Safe™ Methyl Methacrylate Resin System
Color-Safe™ is an acrylic based resin system used for area markings and anti-skid surfacing on either asphalt or concrete surfaces. Capable of full cure in a wide range of temperatures, Color-Safe™ is a cost effective and durable solution for color surfacing. Color-Safe™ is typically used for demarcation of bicycle and pedestrian paths, bus lanes, stops and other specially designated areas. It can also be used as a surface coat to enhance skid-resistance on hazardous turns and other high accident areas on asphalt and concrete roadways.
- Excellent color retention and durability.
- Skid-resistant surface.
- Variety of colors and aggregate sizes available.
- Easy application and fast cure time.
- Low life cycle cost.
- Strong adhesion to concrete and asphalt.
Application is easy!
See how easy Color-Safe is to apply. Watch the application video from our on-site Color-Safe Demo on August 3rd.
Traffic & Transit Article 2017
Color-Sales MMA was highlighted the the October 2017 issue of Traffic & Transit magazine. Download the full article below.