School Zone Safety
Coral Sales Company is proud to offer many of the nation’s leading school zone safety products. Our safety systems including include flashing beacons, RRFB School Zone beacons, and signals by JSF Technologies, radar speed signs by Fortel Traffic, and Color-Safe MMA pavement markings from Transpo Industries.
JSF School Zone Flashing Beacon
JSF School Zone Flashing Beacons are designed to reduce the speed of traffic in school zones and can be operational in almost any location. Each school has a cell-enabled or USB programmable primary beacon and any number of associated secondary beacons that receive command signals from the primary unit. Schedule are created on JSF’s secure website with the easy to use scheduling software. To see more about the JSF School Zone Flashing Light Scheduling, click here. Are you lookng for a Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) School Zone Systems? Click here to go to our RRFB School Zone Page
- Choose from 8" or 12" diameter beacons.
- Programmed Primary beacon controls multiple Secondary beacons within 1/2 mile range.
- Program yearly schedules online or with direct USB connection.
- FHWA and MUTCD compliant.
- Communicate with the primary beacon by text message.
JSF School Zone Scheduling
JSF Technologies School Zone Scheduling system runs on a preset schedule that you choose. It's ideal for flashing lights that only need to be on at certain times of the day or during special events. Each school zone primary flashing light comes pre-wired and is ready to program. This means there is no trenching or digging and no need to hook-up to the electrical grid. Scheduling couldn't be easier with JSF's online scheduling software. Once the schedule is loaded to the Primary Beacon, the system fully autonomous and needs little maintenance.
- Cellular Connection: Schedules are created with JSF Tech's Scheduling Website; from there, the schedule can be sent wirelessly from the comfort of your computer desk to the installed beacons. Schedules can consist of regular weekly activations but also exceptions for days off or additional special events.
- Direct Connection: A direct connection method of scheduling can be used as an alternative to a cellular connection if service is not available in your area. It retains all the functionality of the scheduling website, but schedules are uploaded manually via USB instead of remotely.
JSF RRFB School Zone Systems
The JSF RRFB (Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon) School Zone Beacons are the perfect solution to increase safety in and around your school. The system boasts a discrete design to enhance streetscapes and all the controls are up and out of the way to inhibit vandalism. Our RRFB School Zone Yellow Flashing Lights are designed to reduce the speed of traffic in school zones, help parents and children cross busy roadways and can be placed in almost any location. Each school can choose a cell-enabled or USB programmable Primary Beacon and any number of associated Secondary Beacons. The Secondary Beacons receive command signals from the primary unit allowing the RRFB lights to flash. During non-scheduled times the system can be activated like a traditional RRFB when push buttons are added to the crossing.
To see more about the JSF School Zone Flashing Light Scheduling, click here.
Are you looking for traditional School Zone Systems? Click here to go to our School Zone Flashing Beacon Page.
- Choose from 2" x 5" or 3" x 7" LED module configurations.
- Single or dual sided light bars available with side mounted tell-tale LED verification.
- The Programmed Primary beacon controls multiple Secondary beacons within 1/2 mile range.
- Program yearly schedules online with easy to use JSF School Zone Scheduler.
- Can be used as a traditional RRFB crossing when push buttons are added to the system.
- FHWA and MUTCD compliant.
Fortel Traffic VCalm S Radar Speed Sign
The VCalm Slimline (S) is our most affordable traffic calming driver feedback sign. The Vcalm S comes in four sizes and can be customized to have the features you need in a DFB for your area. Fortel Traffic has the brightest displays, strongest construction and lowest power consumption in the industry. This versatile VMS Radar Sign will be the only one you will ever need.
- Brightest display using tightly clustered LEDs.
- Low profile NEMA 3R cabinet is only 3.625 inches thick.
- Lowest power consumption utilizing 50% less power with Fortel's PWMS™ technology.
- Solar and A/C power options available.
- Unrivaled versatility with many options to choose from.
Low Power LED Technology
The VCalm Slimline uses proprietary PWMS™ LED technology that consumes 50% less power than most LED devices. This provides exceptional autonomy in your work zone.
The included Fortel Traffic VSpeed™Online programming management software gives you the ability to program multiple Fortel signs, simulate functionality, analyze data, and deploy configuration changes through remote access or SD cards. SD Card programming provides practically limitless data storage space (40 years of data per gigabyte) and makes programming and dataretrieval simple and affordable. (SDHC compatible)
Easy & Accurate Reporting
Accurate raw data collected by VCalm® S Radr Speed Signs can be used to construct limitless report formats and parameters for thorough data analysis. Traffic Data Acquisition System (TDAS) collects the fastest and slowest speed for each vehicle.
Transpo Industries Color-Safe™ Methyl Methacrylate Resin System
Color-Safe™ is an acrylic based resin system used for area markings and anti-skid surfacing on either asphalt or concrete surfaces. Capable of full cure in a wide range of temperatures, Color-Safe™ is a cost effective and durable solution for color surfacing. Color-Safe™ is typically used for demarcation of bicycle and pedestrian paths, bus lanes, stops and other specially designated areas. It can also be used as a surface coat to enhance skid-resistance on hazardous turns and other high accident areas on asphalt and concrete roadways.
- Excellent color retention and durability.
- Skid-resistant surface.
- Variety of colors and aggregate sizes available.
- Easy application and fast cure time.
- Low life cycle cost.
- Strong adhesion to concrete and asphalt.
Any color for any application
Color Safe can be used in a variety of situation from pedestrian crosswalks, airports and more!
Application is easy!
See how easy Color-Safe is to apply. Watch the application video from our on-site Color-Safe Demo on August 3rd.
Color-Safe can even be used on concrete.
Color-Safe is great for a variety of solutions large or small.
Traffic & Transit Article 2017
Color-Sales MMA was highlighted the the October 2017 issue of Traffic & Transit magazine. Download the full article below.
LaneLight Hawk Pedestrian Hybrid (PHB) Crosswalk
HAWK Crosswalks (also known as Pedestrian Hybrid Crosswalks or PHB crosswalks) are being used more and more for mid-block applications. Our LaneLight HAWK Crosswalk System is the affordable standalone crossing option when extra pedestrian safety is needed. The HAWK PHB system is fully self-contained and can be configured to run on A/C or Solar power. Best of all, you get full HAWK system control at a fraction of the cost of a traditional 4-way intersection controller.
Looking for additional visibility at your crossing? Add ITEM's LaneLight In-Pavement LED lighting. See more...
- Ideal for mid-block crossing applications
- Specially engineered for low power consumption
- AC or Solar power available
- Fully self-contained system
- More affordable than traditional PHB systems
The HAWK Flash Pattern
The special flash pattern is what makes the HAWK a very popular and safe option for Cities and Counties. When a pedestrian activates the push button at the side of the roadway this is the flash cycle the approaching vehicles will see.
At the same time, this is what the pedestrian sees.
Get Extra Visibility with LaneLight
Crossings that need heightened visibility for distracted drivers can add our LaneLight In-Pavement LED crosswalk lighting. LaneLight is the perfect addition to the HAWK crosswalk system. The flush mounted LEDs are synced in perfect time with the main flashing beacons. The In-Pavement LEDs flash yellow to warn approaching drivers to use caution and then will automatically switch to red, indicating motorists to stop.
OK to proceed