DMI & Traffic Data Collection
Our DMI - distance measuring instrument – options include the RoadView DMI camera system and products by NiteStar and Corbin. Coral Sales Company offers a variety of traffic data collection solutions to accomplish your average daily traffic counts and studies.
M.H. Corbin NC-350 Portable Traffic Analyzer
Replacing the NC-200 and NC-300 counters is the latest in portable in-roadway traffic analyzers, the NC-350. The NC-350 has been reengineered to include Bluetooth™ technology while still providing the same accurate count, speed and vehicle classification. Utilizing Vehicle Magnetic Imaging (VMI) technology, the new NC-350 traffic analyzer combines accuracy and portability, monitoring traffic flow conditions right where you need them.
- Now Communicates wirelessly via Bluetooth!
- NC-350 can be installed and removed in minutes
- Inconspicuous design blends in with road surface
- Individual vehicle recording allows infinite binning capabilities
- Durable extruded aluminum housing
- Long life, rechargeable, Lithium-Ion battery
- Easy to use software for viewing data
The NC 350 Portable Traffic Analyzer is designed to survey traffic on a roadways, bridges, parking garages, or construction areas. Because the analyzer can communicate wirelessly via Bluetooth, traffic data can be retrieved & downloaded without removing the analyzer from the road. The NC350 BlueStar Portable Traffic Analyzer with Bluetooth™ Technology from MH Corbin provides the accurate measurements of vehicle count, speed, and vehicle length. The NC350 BlueStar Portable Traffic Analyzer sensor is placed directly in the traffic lane to measure data, and can be installed and removed quickly and easily without damage to the road surface.
Connect Via Bluetooth™
Vehicle classification data and studies are now easily uploaded/download via Bluetooth™. Gone are the days of pulling the counter off the roadway in the middle of a study to see the data you have already collected. Easily upload new studies when moving your NC-350 to a different location. As Always data can be seen using the Highway Data Management (HDM) software for analysis.
MH Corbin’s Highway Data Management (HDM) software allows users to program, download, and query a variety of portable traffic classification units, including the NC90, NC97, NC100, NC200, and NC300 devices. Using HDM, traffic studies can be programmed, retrieved, combined, and re-binned per user preferences, and analyzed with a full range of supplied reports.
- HDM has a simple and intuitive interface to allow users to quickly program and read portable traffic classification units. Settings are remembered so that multiple units can be programmed to the same study parameters.
- Data can be collected in one or more catalog files, allowing users to easily archive and move data.
- Studies can be trimmed, merged, or extracted into separate files or into existing studies.
- Multiple reports and graphs are provided to show data in a variety of formats. Report data can be exported to a wide variety of formats include HTML, PDF and CSV files. Batch printing of reports is also supported.
Houston Radar Armadillo Tracker
The Armadillo Tracker is the world's smallest, fully integrated radar traffic counter. It can collect multi-lane, bidirectional traffic data statistics with its 97% traffic count accuracy and best-in-class 0.4% speed accuracy. With its ultra-low battery consumption, the Tracker can run up to two weeks with its built in batteries. It can be used to collect traffic data for:
- Traffic Studies before and after road construction projects
- Traffic flows within a Shopping Mall, Event Space, Parking Structure and more
- Track areas where vehicles are speeding to increase police presence
- Annual Average Daily Traffic counts for City, County and DOT traffic studies
Start Collecting Vehicle Traffic Data in Minutes
With its small and compact size, and easy setup, the Armadillo Tracker is a non-intrusive traffic counter that also provides a safe installation since it does not require anything to be placed in the road, unlike traditional traffic tube counters. Watch the video below to see just how quickly the Armadillo Tracker can be collecting your Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT).
- Radar-based traffic statistics collection device with target tracking
- Collects individual time stamped vehicle counts, speeds, and class (up to 3) per direction in up to 2+2 lanes
- Computes real-time, per direction average speed for incident detection applications
- 0.4% speed accuracy and up to 97% vehicle count accuracy
- On-board memory stores 300,000+ individual vehicles
- Add-on options for a 5W solar panel and GPS for geo-tagging multiple locations
Protect Your Investment
Houston Radar's rugged equipment case is the perfect addition to your new Armadillo Tracker. This rugged and lightweight case fits your Armadillo and all its accessories with custom cut foam inserts. Keep everything organized and in its place to maximize your time in the field, all while protect your equipment. Call us today for pricing.
The Armadillo Rugged Equipment Case is...
- Watertight, crushproof and dustproof
- Easy-open double throw latches
- Rugged & lightweight design
- No-leak O-ring seal
- Impact resistant
- Automatic pressure equalization valve
M.H. Corbin Nitestar DMI
The Nitestar 50 & 60 are Distance Measuring Instruments (DMI) that accurately record distances and survey coordinates as you drive. Distances are used for logging points along a given route. The Nitestar DMI’s are highly accurate. They can be used in conjunction with a speed sensor device and are especially useful when used with an array of other data collecting and distance measuring tools. The Nitestar Distance Measuring Instrument is perfect for surveying and mapping data while also capable of understanding many distance distinctions.
- Measurements are displayed in real-time
- Displays distance intervals between points of interest
- Extensive internal memory for data storage and export
- Optional SDM software allows for easy organization for viewing and reporting collected data.
- Inventory data and coordinates are stored in a single file
- Customizable key definitions for user or application
- Easy to instal and use
We understand that one sensor can't work for every application. That's why we offer four different solutions to fit your particular needs. Look and see what DMI sensor is right for you. Still not sure, contact us to find out more information on each sensor and get a comprehensive price quote.
Works with most vehicles that are equipped with
non-mechanical transmission sensors.
Connects to the vehicle OBDII port without the need
to hook up any additional wiring to the vehicle.
SS10 Electronic Interface
Works with most vehicles that are equipped with
non-mechanical transmission sensors.
Wheel Proximity Sensor
Installs on the vehicle’s wheels, brakes or over the
vehicle drivline knuckle.
Houston Radar SpeedLane Dual Beam Radar
Houston Radar SpeedLane™ is state of the art true dual beam, low power side-fire radar. It is designed to accurately detect lane, speed and class of individual vehicles and compute per lane volume, occupancy, gap, average speed, 85th percentile and headway parameters.
- Patent pending true dual beam “speed trap” technology inherently provides accurate measurements without the need for in situ calibration.
- World’s lowest power usage highly integrated multi-lane traffic measurement radar. At 0.8 Watts SpeedLane requires 10X less power than competing products.
- FCC and CE approved for full 250MHz operation to suite variety of application requirements.
- Mounts on the side of the road for non-intrusive traffic data collection and works in all weather and lighting conditions.
- Simultaneously measures all vehicles in 8 user defined lanes.
HD Camera and More
- Built-in 1.3MP HD video camera for sighting makes setup a snap and allows convenient remote monitoring of traffic.
- All traffic measurements are on per vehicle, per-lane basis, available in real-time and stored in device memory.
- Lane-by-lane vehicle counts, length based class, average and 85th percentile speeds, occupancy, headway and gap measurements.
- Companion Windows application provides intuitive GUI to set all configuration parameters, display real time plots of targets and view snapshots & streaming HD video.
- Built-in long range Class I 2.1+EDR Bluetooth, RS232/RS485 serial ports and Ethernet.
- 512 Mbytes of on-board storage plus uSD card expansion slot.
- Comprehensive Houston Radar protocol, C and C# SDK.
- Powerful SQL based query interface for historical data.
- Built-in UPS with rechargeable battery keeps unit running for over 24hrs on loss of external power.
- MPPT solar charger for optimal winter and cloudy day charging.
- On-board 96Whr LiFePO4 battery for temporary or solar installations.
- Wireless 3G GSM cellular for remote access.
- POE (power over Ethernet).
See How to Configure Your SpeedLane
BlipTrack Bluetooth Traffic Sensor
The BlipTrack traffic sensor solution is ideal for measuring travel times and traffic flow on highways and city streets. By placing BlipTrack sensors at strategic pinch points in your road network, it is possible to measure and calculate the travel times and traffic queuing by detecting Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-devices. BlipTrack securely pulls MAC address and encrypts the data from mobile phones, tablets and hands-free Bluetooth installed in most vehicles today. The Bluetooth and Wi-Fi sensors are capable of collecting data from approximately 50% of all passing vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians. With this data, traffic engineers are able to obtain specific and accurate statistical information about each road user. This powerful stats collector can show you dwell time, movement patterns as well as traffic flow density of vehicles entering and leaving particular roadways.
- 50% detection rate with Bluetooth+Wi-Fi models
- Secure and anonymous MAC address handling
- One sensor measures several lanes and directions
- Works in all weather conditions
- Measures speed up to 124 mph
- Provides data at times with blocked traffic
The tamperproof and weather-resistant sensors are easily mounted on existing poles, without disrupting traffic and require little or no maintenance. The sensors measure data 24/7 in all-weather such snow, rain,fog and in all traffic conditions. BlipTrack senses in both directions and in several lanes simultaneously. The results are presented in an easy to use online graphical user interface. Data can easily be integrated with existing Management Systems through various data output facilities and open standard protocols.
- Size: 15"h x 11"w x 7"d
- Weight: 44 lb.
- Ingress Protection: IP 67 ( IEC 529 )
- Flame Resistance: UL 94-V2
- Casing: Polycarbonate
- Temperature Range: -40°F - +176°F